Privacy and Data Protection
Name and contact data of the controller responsible for processing and the company data protection officer
This data protection notice applies to data processing by the
Management Board: Michael Last
Data protection officer:
Tel.: 0421 / 69 66 32 0
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of its use
a) When visiting the website
When you visit our website www.brilliant-ag.de, the browser on your device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer
- Date and time of access
- Name and URL of the retrieved file
- The website from which access is made (referrer URL)
- The browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider
The stated data is processed by us for the following purposes:
- to ensure a smooth connection setup of the website
- to ensure comfortable use of our website
- to evaluate system security and stability and
- for other administrative purposes
The legal basis for data processing is Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes listed above for data collection. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
b) When using our contact form
If you have any questions, we offer you the opportunity to contact us using the form provided on the website. A valid email address is required so that we know who sent the request and can respond to it. Further information can be provided voluntarily.
The data needed for the purpose of contacting us will be processed in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent.
The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will automatically be deleted after your request has been processed.
3. Disclosure of data
Your personal data will not be transmitted to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent pursuant to Article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR;
- the disclosure pursuant to Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your data;
- a legal obligation exists for the disclosure pursuant to Article 6(1)(c) of the GDPR and
- this is legally permissible and is required by Article 6(1)(b) of the GDPR for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
Information is stored in the cookie which is generated in connection with the specific device used in each case. However, this does not mean that we directly become aware of your identity.
In addition, we use temporary cookies which are stored on your device for a specified period of time to optimise user-friendliness. If you revisit our website to use our services, it will automatically recognise that you have already visited us and remember the inputs and settings which you made, so that you do not have to re-enter them.
The data processed by cookies is necessary for the purposes mentioned, in order to safeguard our legitimate interests and those of third parties pursuant to Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can configure your browser, so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, disabling cookies completely may mean that you cannot use all the functions of our website.
5. Analysis tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are implemented on the basis of Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR. We use the tracking measures to ensure that our website is designed to meet user requirements and is continually optimised. On the other hand, we use tracking measures to statistically record the use of our website and for the purpose of optimising our offer for you. These interests are deemed to be justified within the meaning of the aforementioned provision.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be found in the corresponding tracking tools.
For the purpose of customising and continually optimising our pages, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/en/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereafter “Google”). In this respect, pseudonymised usage profiles are created and cookies (see section 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- Browser type/version;
- Operating system used;
- Referrer URL (the previously visited page);
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address);
- Time of the server request;
will be transmitted to and stored by Google on a server in the USA. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website usage and internet usage for the purposes of market research and user-oriented customisation of these Internet pages. This information may also be transferred to third parties if required by law or if third parties process this data in the order. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with any other data provided by Google. The IP addresses are anonymised, so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser; however, please note that if you do this you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website.
In addition, you can prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent the collection by Google Analytics by clicking this link. In doing so, an opt-out cookie will be set which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you will have to set the opt-out cookie again.
For more information about privacy relating to Google Analytics, see Google Analytics Help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=en).
6. Social media plugins
On the basis of Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR, we use social plugins of the social networks Facebook and Pinterest on our website, in order to make our company better known. The underlying advertising purpose is deemed to be a legitimate interest as defined by the GDPR. Responsibility for privacy-compliant operation lies with the respective provider. We integrate these plugins by means of the so-called two-click method, in order to protect visitors to our website as far as possible.
Social media plugins from Facebook are used on our website to help personalise its use. We use the “LIKE” or “SHARE” button for this. This is an offer from Facebook.
If you visit a page of our website which contains such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to the Facebook servers. The content of the plugin is transmitted by Facebook directly to your browser and incorporated in the website by the browser.
By integrating the plugins, Facebook receives the information that your browser has accessed the corresponding page of our website, even if you do not have a Facebook account or are currently not logged in to Facebook. This information (including your IP address) is transmitted from your browser directly to a Facebook server in the US and stored there.
If you are logged in to Facebook, Facebook can assign the visit to our website directly to your Facebook account. If you interact with the plugins, for example by pressing the “LIKE” or “SHARE” button, the corresponding information is also transmitted directly to a Facebook server and stored there. The information will also be posted on Facebook and displayed to your Facebook friends.
Facebook may use this information for the purpose of advertising, market research and user-oriented Facebook pages. For this purpose, Facebook uses user, interest and relationship profiles, e.g. to evaluate your use of our website in relation to the advertisements displayed on Facebook, to inform other Facebook users about your activities on our website, and to provide other services related to the use of Facebook.
If you do not wish Facebook to assign the data collected via our website to your Facebook account, you must log out of Facebook before visiting our website.
On our website, we use social plugins of the social network Pinterest which is operated by Pinterest Inc., 635 High Street, Palo Alto, CA, 94301, USA (“Pinterest”). If you visit a page which contains such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to the Pinterest servers. The plugin transmits log data to the servers of Pinterest in the USA. This log data may contain your IP address, the URL of the websites visited which also include Pinterest functions, the type and setting of your browser, date and time of your request, your way of using Pinterest and cookies.
7. Rights of the data subject
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us pursuant to Article 15 of the GDPR. In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right to lodge a complaint, the origin of your data (insofar as it has not been collected by us), and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on its details;
- to request the rectification without undue delay of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us pursuant to Article 16 of the GDPR;
- to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us pursuant to Article 17 of the GDPR, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- to demand the restriction of processing of your personal data pursuant to Article 18 of the GDPR, if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you oppose its erasure and we no longer need the data, but you require it for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or if you have filed an objection to the processing pursuant to Article 21 of the GDPR;
- to receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request the transmission to another controller pursuant to Article 20 of the GDPR;
- to revoke your consent to us at any time pursuant to Article 7(3) of the GDPR. As a result, we are no longer allowed to continue processing any data based on this consent in the future and
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority pursuant to Article 77 of the GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or work place or of our legal office.
8. Right to object
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests, pursuant to Article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Article 21 of the GDPR provided that there are reasons for this which arise from your particular situation or the objection is aimed against direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object, which we will implement without the need to specify a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right to revoke or object, simply send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Data security
We use the widely used SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method within the site visit in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. In general, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can recognise whether an individual page of our website is encrypted by a closed padlock or key icon in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or total loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.